Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Computer resolution resets when windows loads - The Solution!

I recently had this strange problem. I bought a new 23" LED monitor to upgrade from my old 15" CRT (I know, I know... I just recently got rid of my CRT... anyway...) I connected the monitor to my computer and set it to 1080p, its native resolution. When I rebooted my computer it would display at the correct resolution but after a few seconds it would change to a VERY low resolution.

Well the problem turned out to be a service that was running. It was a service for Windows Live Mesh. I disable it and ta-da; everything worked! (Services can be accessed by right clicking on "Computer" in the start menu and going to "Manage" for those of you that aren't sure where the Windows Services could be edited from)

So I hope this helps others solve the problem. I looked on the Internet and it was very, very hard just to find this solution. Whatever, there goes Microsoft messing up out stuff again. I don't even use Mesh. If I have to access my computer from out of my network I just use LogMeIn; if inside my network I just use VNC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...