Friday, June 24, 2011

LG Optimus V - Pre-Paid Virgin Mobile Android Smartphone Review

LG Optimus V
I recently purchased the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V Android Smart phone. Overall I am enjoying it very much. It's a good solid smart phone. Especially considering that it's a pre-paid phone. I am under the age of 18 which means that I can not get a contract phone. Yes I know I could ask my parents but this is just easier and simpler for all of us.

 
So this phone is running Android 2.2 which, as my first Android device, is AMAZING! I have only owned it for about a week and I already know that it's a much better platform then iOS on my iPod Touch. It just has more customization. Also, it's Google, so you know it's good.







In The Box
So when I opened the box this is what I found:
  • Headphones with microphone and remote. 
    • These are alright headphones considering they were a free gift with the phone. I still prefer my skullcandys.
  • USB Cable
    • It comes with a standard USB cable for the phone. This cable is also used for charging through a provided wall plug as well as through the computer.
  • Wall Wort Portable Charger
    • This is just a standard wall wart to USB charger that allows you to charge the phone away from the computer.
  • 2GB Micro SD Card AND Micro SD to SD adapter.
    • This is an amazing thing to include with the phone. It's almost necessary considering there are only 140 MB of internal storage on the phone. The adapter is also nice if you have an SD card reader.
  • Battery
    • Rhetorical
  • Phone
    • Rhetorical
The Specs
  • 3.2 Inch Touch Screen
    • Although it's not as big as my itouch's screen it's still a nice sized screen.
  • 600MHz Processor
    • Believe it or not, this processor is faster then some of the processors in the computer I use for my media serving! It's a fast phone!
  • 3.2 MP Digital Camera
    • This camera is actually mot bad. It takes decent pictures!
  •  Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, USB, Mobile Hotspot, GPS, Etc
    • All of the little goodies that make a phone so much better are also included.
Phone Camera
Here are some pictures that I took with the camera on the cell phone.




 
Swype
I just thought that I should include a little something about the Swype technology the phone has. It is actually very neat. You don't have to take your finger of the touch screen to type words. It makes typing on the small keyboard much much easier. I enjoy it a lot! 


Pros 
  • Affordable. I paid $150 at Target for this phone.
  • Runs Android 2.2
  • No Contract
  • Unlimited Data
Cons
  • Loaded with some Virgin Mobile applications
    • This was actually sort of annoying. It came pre-loaded with a third party Twitter application that was actually blocked by Twitter so it was just wasting space on the phone.

Also, Here is a kickback code that you can use when activating your phone!

1DN6nLpJ 

If you enter that in when first adding a minutes card you will receive 60 free bonus minutes!


    Free Computer Parts!
    Free Money!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...