Monday, June 6, 2011

Apple's new iCloud: Nothing new...

I just watched a news special on the new Apple iCloud on Fox news. All I have to say is WTF... This is nothing new, only because Apple released it has it become big news. Has anyone used box.net? I have. They have automatic sync with your computer and even have an iTouch, iPad, iEverything app.

There are a large number of ways to do this. I don't think that Apple name should mean that you are going to get anything good.

What happens when Apple crashes?
I have been using Orb to stream all of my music from my media server to my mobile devices when I'm on the go. What I like about this is that one, it's free. I don't have to pay Apple extra money to have my ripped disks with me on the go. Two, it's in my cloud; not Apple's. One thing that I don't like with this idea is that all of your data is stored on Apple servers. That can't be good... I don't want all of my personal files scattered about the Internet and all over data centers located all around the world. I want to know exactly where every copy of every one of my files is. With the iCloud there can't be any real security.

I don't think that Apple has any idea what they are getting into. Most likely it will just be another stupid thing all the noobs want right away. Yet again, I understand that not everyone is as computer literate as I am. Still, don't fall for Apple's trickery, it's all a joke.

For more updates about Apple's iCould be sure to "Like" our Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...