Saturday, July 30, 2011

Find your lost, stolen, or misplaced phone! - Find My Phone

Have you ever lost your phone? I have. It happens. With this neat app I just installed from the Android app store you can send your lost cell phone a text message and it will automatically respond with its location and a link to a relative location in Google Maps.





So the name of this great app is "Find My Phone." There is also a Lite version of this app which is the one that I use.

This app is actually very cool. It works by first receiving a text message from any phone that contains the text "fine me" (This text can be changed to anything for security reasons). Once the phone detects a message like that it will respond with a message that contains a relative address and a link to a Google Maps with its location. Now unless you leave GPS enables all the time it won't give you the exact address of your phone but it will be fairly close. With mine it comes about two doors away from where the phone actually is.

So if you leave it at a bus stop, the app should be able to give you a general area of where the phone is and then you can trace your steps in that area to find the phone.

So far I haven't had the need to use this app but it's nice to know that it's available if I ever do happen to loose my phone.

So have you ever lost your phone? Did you ever get it back? What do you think of this app? Let me know in the comments!

Free Computer Parts!
Free Money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...