Friday, July 1, 2011

MSI 870A-G55 Gaming Series Motherboard Review

My new computer had this great motherboard inside of it. So far I have had no problems with it. It provides fast speeds, easy overclocking, and some neat features. The board was also not very expensive. I only spent about $90 at Newegg and it also had a rebate but I didn't want to go and star ripping the UPC off of the box.

So some of the features of this motherboard include USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, Auto OC Genie, 7.1 HD Surround sound, and Digital Optical Audio. Many of these features are nice to have but I don't even use them.

One feature that is cool is the OC Genie. I was able to get a full 1GHz over clock on my AMD Phenom II x6 1055T CPU. I don't leave the OC Genie on all of the time because I simply do not need all of that power. My six cores running at 2.8GHz each is really plenty for my average everyday computer usage.

The USB 3.0 will be nice. I am planning to purchase an external Hard Drive with USB 3.0 speeds. It has been tested that USB3.0 is about 10 times faster then USB 2.0 at 5Gb/s. The SATA 6Gb/s is also a very nice feature that I am currently using. I was able to shave quite a few seconds off of my boot time. Although it's not as fast as a solid state hard drive it's pretty darn amazing.

So overall it is a wonderful motherboard. I am happy to be a proud owner of the great MSI 870A-G55 Gaming Series Motherboard.

Free Computer Parts!
Free Money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...