Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bad Power Adapter - Android LG Optimus V

My new Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V Android phone has recently stopped charging. It was strange because I would plug the phone with the provided USB cable into the provided wall charging unit and it would start to charge. Then minutes later if you show the phone not charging but the battery widget I use said that the phone was still plugged into the wall. So I am not sure what exactly is going on.

I tried the phone on my computer and it charged just fine. So I tried using a spare wall wort usb charger that I had for an old mp3 player and it's charging just fine. The only problem now is that it takes forever to charge. This is probably because the original LG charger had an output of 5.1 volts at 700mA and my old charger just has an output of 5v at 600mA. It isn't much but when you factor in the total output wattage you are looking at a .57 difference in watts. I guess that could be enough to cause slow charging...

Anyway I am currently sending emails back and forth with someone somewhere with virgin mobile. I hope that they can send me a replacement by the end of the week because I will be going on a trip next week and I would like to have a charger that I can rely on.


Free Computer Parts!
Free Money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...