Saturday, October 29, 2011

EA Origin Customer Support Sucks

Recently I was having some problems getting Battlefield to play correctly in full screen. I kept getting some strange errors about an unknown Direct X error. I tried a few things but still couldn't get it to work. So I finally decided to give EA a shout. This how the conversation went...

"
You are now ready to chat with Ajay.
you:
Hello
you:
When I try to play Battlefield 3 in full screen on a 1080p monitor I receive a DirectX Error.
Ajay:
Hi there.
Ajay:
Thank you for the clarifiation.
Ajay:
Let me look into this issue.
you:
Here is a screen shot of the error if it would help - http://bit.ly/TNA-001
Ajay:
Thank you for the information.
Ajay:
I appreciate your patience.
Ajay:
The issue you are facing is due to direct x installed on your computer not being upated.
Ajay:
For this issue you are suggested to contact to Microsoft support at http://support.microsoft.com/
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.
Chat session has ended.
"

All he did was say get lost and see IF Microsoft can help you. I have never seen such horible support. He doesn;t even say bye or anything, just get lost and ends the chat.

Oh well, I was able to ask some of my friends for help and they were able to help me solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...