Saturday, October 22, 2011

Siri For Android

As many of you probably already know the iPhone 4s has recently been released. Once of its biggest feature is Siri. If you do not know already, Siri is a digital assistant right on your phone. You can verbally ask it questions like; "How is the weather?" "What is the time in London?" Etc. It will respond in a female voice with your answers.

Android has had a feature like this already built in since Android 2.2 but it is very limited. True Knowledge has release an app in the Android market called Iris. (Anyone see something Internet about the name of the app, XD) Iris is currently only in alpha testing so it doesn't work very well but it is free. I was able to ask it questions like: What is the weather in Chicago, Illinois? Who is Bill Gates? I was also able to use it to place calls and send text messages.

For the most part it worked well but it still needs a lot of work. For example; Sometimes when I asked it just; What is the weather? It returned the title of a book. Is I say what is the temperature it just says cold, I must say what is the EXACT temperature for a number.

With time I think that this app could go somewhere, it would be cool so have an assistant right in my pocket to add reminders and events to my calenders and do all sorts of things. Hopefully in time this app will get even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...